Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update,

Although Ms. Carrillo beat me to posting a blog about our first afterschool meeting, I will share my part of it still. LOL. =) It was a great success at Kings Canyon Middle School. We have no girls still but thee boys were awesome. I feel this great connection between Yesenia, me and the boys as they become more comfortable with us. With the activities that we have been doing, it seemed to break the ice and those that were very shy at first started to open up more now. In most of these students, I see a lot of potential in them although there are a few that we will really need to work with, we'll try our hardest. Another thing we had our students do were posters to promote our program. It was kind of like a contest where we told them that their principal will choose 2 out of the 5 and post it on their campus. Besides that, the students are good at turning their forms on time too. We have most of the forms (release & goal setting forms). Geez, I don't know what we are doing but it seems to attract the students a lot. The ones that keeps coming are those that showed up the first day we had our first meeting. We are getting a few more students because our students are recruiting their friends too of course. Now that we have a good number, the room we are currently using is getting smaller. LOL. If this continues, which I hope it will for the better, we will definetly need a bigger room. =)
I also took some pictures during our meeting and I will post them up soon.

No comments: