Thursday, April 14, 2011

Resiliency presentations at KKEC

Hello all. I hope all is well. Last Thursday, started the Resiliency presentations. The students are amazing. I learned quite a bit about them. And hope to learn more. They are truly amazing young adults. They were very charming and interactive. We discussed the concept of Resiliency and why its importance. The students were very attentive. They also answered all of my questions. I asked what they wanted to do as a profession in their future. One student answered "I want to be president". So I asked the group if it was possible. Another replied "you can't be president, you were not born in the states". IT was quite an interesting exchange. To which I replied, "true you cannot be president, but your children can be". I also asked many questions about their way of life in Thailand. The students appeared to really enjoy living there. So the next natural question is "why come to the states?" I will ask them today and keep you in suspense for now. Yesterday, I got an opportunity to work with my colleague Yue Yang. We were planning for today. I realized that our presentations have to me more culturally relevant. We are very excited to present today. I will keep you posted.

No comments: