Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UPDATE

Today Yesenia and I paid our visit to Kings Canyon Middle School. It was a very successful meeting with Mr. Rocha. We did got a lot of information about the school from Mr. Rocha. He is a very passionate and compassionate person for his migrant students. Mr. Rocha is very helpful and kind for lending us his room as a place for our meetings. He also offer to help and assist us with any further needs we may have. Today, we went over the basic things so far, and we got a list of all the 7th and 8th grade students at Kings Canyon. We also got the chance to meet with Mrs. Novato
(I am spelling her last name wrong, excuse me). She is the coordinator for after school programs
and will be assisting us as well with any needs we have. Yesenia and I will start our recruitment
tonight and tomorrow night (such as calling the parents & talking to the students). I have already
contacted a few students along with the parents about our official recruitment meeting on Friday
during Kings Canyon's lunch time. Well, time sheets are due tomorrow my fellow mentors. I will
go back to finish calling my list of students & parents. Lastly, have a great night and hope all is well. =)

1 comment:

MIGRANT COLLEGE MENTOR said...

Thank you girls... We feel you will have much success at KC... They have lots of capacity. They are so enthusiastic about the mentoring program...
ps. I attended KC in the late 80's. ...long long time ago...
Alfredo