Friday, November 19, 2010

Hello everyone

We finally started working at Parlier, but then plans changed again and we will be returning to the schools next year. The days that I worked with the students were great; I had the opportunity to help with homework, to grade pre-assessments and to interact with students and their families.

I also went to the event at Fresno City College. I had the opportunity to interact with high school students and learn about the college awareness program and some of the services at Fresno City. I conducted a few interviews to the students, in which they expressed how much they learned and how much they liked this event. ..It was a success!!!!

I went to the training today and learned new ideas on how to deal with possible problems when doing phone calls or home visits. I learned that when contacting the families we need to be professional at all times, persistent when reaching out to our students, friendly, sensitive to different needs and be able to adapt to changes.

I will be doing some home visits this weekend; hopefully we can get more students to complete the pre-assessment and give out some flyers before our break.

Have a great Thanksgiving, be safe, spend quality time with your loved ones, and enjoy the food!!

-Bianey Ruiz

No comments: