Thursday, October 8, 2009

Great work!!!!

Irene Buchanan wrote this about their mentors in Roosevelt- Keep up the good work we are proud of you!!!!!


They have been a godsend this week. The CAMP Program told us to get senior CSU applications in by next week, October 15th, and to doublecheck their accuracy. Jose and Pahnia are jumping right in helping seniors at lunch and want to be here for them tomorrow in the library after school (I'll be off campus for a conference). I am seeing that this could orient Jose & Panhia even more specifically to what to prepare their regular 9-11 mentor students for. One activity they might do is to get the 9-11th graders to input their grades to CSU Mentor, so that when they are seniors, the application will be that much easier because the grades will already be in. Also, when they heard me trying to help some AB540 seniors with fundraising ideas for the application fee, they offered to try to help them as well. I don't know if that fits in your guidelines, but their intentions are much appreciated. More immediately,it seems I'm being swamped with meetings and conferences right now, and we see that they will need an alternate classroom for meetings, especially when I have to be off campus. Next week, we hope to identify that room. Feel free to fill me in on anything I can do to help.

No comments: