Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello All;

I'm here at Roosevelt High School right now. Sadly, Jose could not make it today
because he had class but I totally understand him. Well, today was a busy day. There are
a lot of students (seniors) here today after school. I met a few new faces and got to chat
with them. I was just helping out the seniors with their college applications and over view for
those that are near completion. Mrs. Buchanan had to leave early for her appointment, but I was with her assistant Ivonne and three student assistance. They are very nice and talkative people to keep me company. =) After the seniors left, I was talking to Kelly, a student helper. I was telling her about the program individually. She seems to be very excited for the program and to be a
part of it. I show her the migrant website and the pictures of the former migrant students
who went to camp. She was surprised with the number of students we had and how
interesting the camping seems. Well, here's just a quick update. Hope everyone is doing well and be prepare for this Thursday meeting at Migrant Office.

No comments: