Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HELLO HELLO ALL:

Sorry about not posting this last Friday but it been a busy week so far. Anyways, I just want to
update you all about Jose and my visit last Friday. It was a while that we spent at Roosevelt. Jose and I was in the library helping out a few seniors with their applications. I would like to personally thank Mrs. Buchanan for sending emails to the seniors about our day at the library. I was glad that even though she was not there, she was able to help us email the students and let them know that we were there. She also "cc" us the email and so we got a glance of what she sent to the students. It was a great pleasure to help out these seniors because they had a lot of questions coming at us. LOL. Gloria and Mainou were great students with good grades and a high potential for college. I can see the potential and successful-ness in them girls (not saying the other seniors don't). At the same time, I was learning new things too. I remember filling out my application with no help at all and a few errors but still I made it to college. Since the university is more strict on their applicants, these applications should be fill out correctly. Jose and I helped these students and most of them were finish with theirs. We did not let them submit it yet because we wanted Mrs. Buchanan to double check it first to make sure the application was filled out completely and correctly. We found the www.ucop.edu/doorways very helpful with these applications of the a-g requirements. Concluding with that, we will again visit Roosevelt sometime tomorrow or Friday after school and plan out things for a better and clearer future. =)

No comments: