Monday, November 16, 2009

HS VISITS

First of all I want to say welcome to Adrian my new companero...
I want to share with all of you some of the requirements we have for the students to be able to go to the field trips.
1- 20 hours of comunity service
2- been an active member of the club wich means participating in the different fund raising activities
3- Meeting Attendance

yeaahhhh!!! I am really glad that we have the Migrant Club. my most ambicious goal for this club is that each member of the club not only been motivated by us but that they become motivators as well; yes I want every single member to BECOME A MENTOR. My plan is to teach my students the same skills that I have learned in this program, so I'll teach them to:
- Have a higher self-esteem which will make them be more confident assertive and courageous to reach their dreams.
-Identify their areas of improvement and strenghts however that they focus on their strenghts to achieve their goal and to become succesfull members of society
-Make them aware of the capacity they have to motivate others therefore to impact others lives.
-A-G requirements.
-CSU Mentor Account.
-How to apply for scholarships.
-How to apply for college
-------I am pretty sure I am missing some but this are just some points that I have in my mind at this moment jajajaja.

ALSO I AM OPEN TO ANY IDEAS OF ANY OF YOU SO PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND YOUR IDEAS AS WELL.... I'LL BE WAITING FOR THEM OK.

Well today Adrian and I went to Parlier HS. We have our second meeting with the Migrant Club. Today we gave the riffle tickets to the students and our field trip to Dysneyland is going to be on March 27 yeahhh uhuhu. We also visited the migrant personal at Reedley HS. uffff it was a long day for Adrian and I pero valio la pena.


No comments: