Monday, November 2, 2009

Visit to RHS Mentees

Last Friday while visiting our current mentees we were given the opportunity by Mr. Simpson whom is working very closely with us, to introduce our MCMP program to 1oth and 12th graders that belong to the AVID program. Next, we plan to have these students that belong to the AVID program be the leaders for those students that do not belong to a certain club and whom don't have as much information as the AVID students do. The students were very excited to hear about our program and plan on attending our next meeting for this week...the seniors right away asked us questions and I had Maricruz who wants to attend Fresno Pacific University give me her personal statement so I could look over it...I have reviewed it and I have a lot of feedback to give her next meeting, which is this week...we have to check with Mr. Simpson to see when we can use his room for our meeting. I can say our visit was very rewarding and I know that the students from RHS are great leaders!!!!

No comments: